There is a time like this we install a new WordPress theme without taking backup of our existing one. Or sometimes we need to install the same theme on a new site with the same settings. But, if we install the same theme on a new site we can’t get our settings back which we made before. Also if we edit our theme with custom codes we can’t get it. In that case, We can backup WordPress theme and use them next as we want.
Today I will discuss how to backup WordPress theme and use it in very simple steps.
How to backup WordPress theme or export it?
- First, you need to go Plugins>>Add New option
- Search for wp-clone-template Plugin and install it.
- Go to Appearance>Export
- Select your theme and press Export button
- You are done, it will start downloading your theme to your Device
You can export themes more than 1 by this process and can install them on other websites.
How to import WordPress theme
- Go to WordPress admin dashboard where you want to import your WordPress theme.
- Go to, Appearance>>Themes and click the Upload button.
- After uploading it will show you a success message.
- Now activate your uploaded theme.
Note: If you made any code change to your theme it will back up with changes. So if you have edited footer text, you need to change it later.
But don’t get afraid of this. You can edit it from theme customizations or Appearance > Editor > Footer file.
Hope you understand what I said. If you face any problem during this don’t forget to mention it in the comment.
Author: Iftekhar Hossain Pritom
Hi there, I Iftekhar Hossain Pritom. a blogger, web developer, and designer. Studying BBA Hons.
Above all, a Cyber-Freak